This page contains current and recent breaking news about NASPA.
- IContact: an online archive of NASPA News (originally called Tournament Talk), a weekly newsletter, and other emails sent to the membership.
- NASPA Bulletin: an online archive of NASPA Bulletins (not currently in publication).
- Club news: news about activities at our sanctioned clubs
- Member news: news about our members outside of their Scrabble lives
- SCRABBLE in the news : Links to articles about SCRABBLE players, clubs, and tournaments.
- Tournament calendar: upcoming tournaments
- Tournament results: past tournaments
- ... and our home page, which will always list the top stories.
- 1 Current news
- 1.1 December 6, 2017 Code of Conduct Update
- 1.2 October 30, 2017 NASPA Community Advocate
- 1.3 August 13, 2017 Mobile version of NASPAWiki in testing
- 1.4 July 26, 2017 Will Anderson wins 2017 North American SCRABBLE Championship
- 1.5 July 1, 2017 Advisory Board Election Results
- 1.6 June 7, 2017 New Forward Energy Committee members
- 1.7 June 2, 2017 2017 Advisory Board Elections - Voting open
- 1.8 May 24, 2017 Form 990 is now Available
- 1.9 May 10, 2017 Jason Broersma appointed WESPA Treasurer
- 1.10 May 4, 2017 2017 Advisory Board Elections - Nominations open
- 1.11 May 4, 2017 2017 North American SCRABBLE Championship Early Registration extended
- 1.12 April 30, 2017 New Social Media Committee members
- 1.13 March 27, 2017 MSA Agreement ratified
- 1.14 March 16, 2017 Social Media Committee shuffle
- 1.15 February 27, 2017 Rules Errata Published
- 1.16 January 25, 2017 NASC 2017 Registration Open
- 2 Archived news
On November 28, 2017, the NASPA Advisory Board unanimously approved an update to the Code of Conduct to include specific descriptions of what constitutes sexual and gender-based harassment.
NASPA has created the role of Community Advocate to look into cases of sexual harassment within the organization.
August 13, 2017 Mobile version of NASPAWiki in testing
A lighter-weight, mobile-friendly look to NASPAWiki has begun testing.
If you are looking at our website from a smartphone, you should automatically
be seeing the new look. For more information, see Mobile issues.
Congratulations to the 2017 North American SCRABBLE Champion, Will Anderson!
Revisit event coverage.
July 1, 2017 Advisory Board Election Results
Advisory Board Election results are now available.
We welcome Darrell Day, Diane Firstman, and Joey Krafchick to the Forward Energy Committee!
Voting for the 2 contested seats - At Large and US South - runs from June 3rd through June 30th. Bruce D'Ambrosio wins the US West district by acclamation.
May 24, 2017 Form 990 is now Available
NASPA's 2016 Form 990 is now available online for review.
Congratulations to Jason Broersma on his recent appointment as Treasurer of the World English-language Scrabble Players Association.
Elections for NASPA's Advisory Board (AB) are approaching. This year three elective seats need to be filled:
- At Large
- US South
- US West
Nominations are open through May 31, 2017. To nominate yourself or someone else, contact the Advisory Board at email@example.com.
The Early Registration deadline for the 2017 NASC has been extended to May 31st. After May 31st, the registration fee increases by $50.
This extension also applies to the $2000 incentive to be shared by the 1st 20 players with a rating below 1300 to register for the Collins division and to complete the tournament.
We welcome Shan Abbasi, Jackson Smylie, Heather McCall and Heidi Robertson to the Forward Energy Committee!
Our reciprocal membership agreement with the Malaysian Scrabble Association has been ratified.
We thank Jesse Matthews for his service as Social Media Committee chair, and Judy Cole and Josh Greenway for jointly replacing him; thank you too to Marcia Richards for her contributions to the committee.
February 27, 2017 Rules Errata Published
An errata sheet for the Rules, to take effect immediately, has been published.
January 25, 2017 NASC 2017 Registration Open
Registration is now open for the 2017 North American SCRABBLE Championship.