This page describes how to install NASPA Zyzzyva on an OS X (typically Apple Macintosh) computer.
- If you wish to install the OTCWL2014, OSPD5, or new School SCRABBLE lexicon, make sure that you have a NASPA membership, its ID (number) and password, and an OS X computer with an Internet connection.
- Download the installer disk image file.
- Open the disk image file and drag the app to the Applications folder as indicated.
- Open the app in the Applications folder. If you see a warning about security, go to the Apple menu → System Preferences → Security & Privacy → General → Allow applications downloaded from: and select Anywhere, then try again.
- Go to Tools → Manage Licenses... and click Claim License.... Choose NASPA. Log in with your NASPA ID and password. Click OK to acknowledge that you have received a license file. Click OK to acknowledge that Zyzzyva is loading licensed lexicons.
- Go to Zyzzyva → Preferences → General → Load Lexicons: Edit... and click on OTCWL2014. Click OK twice to close windows.
- To check that you have OTCWL2014 loaded correctly, click the magnifying glass search button, choose the OTCWL2014 lexicon, and ask for an anagram match for AAJQQ. If you see QAJAQ, you’re done.