NASPA Zyzzyva version 3.1.0 was released in August 2016
for the Windows, OS X and Linux platforms.
New In This Release
- added OTCWL2016, SSWL2016, CSW15 lexicons
- made minor corrections to older lexicons
- removed obsolete lexicons (older than OSPD4.1, OWL2.1, CSW12)
- added scroll bars to handle long lists of lexicon style symbols in Preferences
- prevented duplicate words from appearing in "Incorrect" table in Analyze Quiz dialog
- made "Show lexicon symbols" setting persist between sessions
- updated various outdated URLs
- support for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) dropped
For step-by-step installation instructions, see:
Protected Lexicon Information
Merriam-Webster and HarperCollins have required encryption of the OTCWL, SSWL, OSPD and CSW lexicons within Zyzzyva. In order to support this encryption, NASPA Zyzzyva has built-in deadlines, as follows:
- When you claim a license for a protected lexicon, the license will remain in effect until the expiry date of your NASPA membership at that point in time. When you later renew your NASPA membership, you should update the license to extend the deadline. You can manage your license from the Tools --> Manage Licenses menu in the program.
- Periodically, the program will require the ability to check-in with the NASPA server and activate the license. For general members, this check will take place every six months, with a six month grace period; for certified directors, the check is required annually, with a one-year grace period. If the check-in is not performed, the program will only allow the protected lexicons to be used for word judging, until such time as the check-in completes successfully.
- Each license is valid for use on a limited number of devices. If you need to use NASPA Zyzzyva on more devices than you are currently allowed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.
Obtaining a license and activating the license with the check-in process require internet access. If you need to install the protected lexicons on a machine without internet access, please contact email@example.com for information about off-line activation.