The Tournament Committee is a NASPA committee established to
supervise sanctioned North American SCRABBLE tournaments.
To contact the Tournament Committee send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee currently consists of the following members:
The number of members is limited to 9 (including ex officio members).
Former members include:
On an ongoing basis, supervise tournament directors, including:
- Sanctioning tournaments
- Maintaining the tournament calendar
- Receiving and processing Incident Reports, passing them up to the Advisory Board as necessary
- Making sure that tournament directors receive the news and information they need to perform their function
- Overseeing the mentor/apprentice system when it is implemented
The committee has the following items on its agenda:
- Determine term lengths for Tournament Committee members, in addition to the succession process for Tournament Committee members
- Decide on a certification process for tournament directors in coordination with a similar process for club directors being developed by the Club Committee
- Debate whether certification can be suspended for directors who take longer than a week to submit ratings data
- Liaise with the WESPA Tournament Committee
- Review the existing criteria for sanctioning tournaments, consider in particular whether there should be limits on the number of events a director can list or how far in advance an event may be listed, and the status of "invitational" events; prepare options for the Advisory Board to choose from
The committee has access to the following web tools: