One of the key strengths of the SCRABBLE game is that it can be enjoyed at many different levels. Recognizing that not everyone wants to learn a set of tournament rules or even study the official word list, we established our list of Recreational Clubs in July 2013.
We hope that after you have played at a Recreational Club for a while, you'll want to see if you've got what it takes at one of our competitive clubs.
Registering a Recreational Club
To register a new club, complete the Club Listing Request form and submit it.
In order to maintain registered status, clubs must meet the following criteria:
Changing Club Information
Please keep us up to date when things change at your recreational club. Send changes pertaining to club location, meeting time, address, email, website, or anything shown on your club listing to the Club Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreational vs. Competitive Club: What are the differences?
Recreational Club Roster
- Monday 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
- Pizza Hut, 4708 Planz Road
- John Blankenship
- Laguna Woods
- Laguna Woods Village SCRABBLE Club
- Monday 12:45 P.M. -3 games
- $2 (first monthly Monday free)
- 24262 Punta Alta, Clubhouse #5 -Room #2, Dining Room #1, Laguna Woods 92637
- If non-resident, call contacts below one hour prior for gate entry
- Gary Moss (949) 510-1673
- Fern Trausch (949) 830-5244
- Long Beach
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Long Beach Bridge Center, 4782 Pacific Coast Hwy., Long Beach CA 90804
- Beth Byrne (562) 396-6694
- Greater New Haven
- Every Tuesday 12:00 P.M.
- PLEASE contact director to see if club is meeting on a given Tuesday.
- Panera Bread, 2100 Dixwell Ave., Hamden, CT 06514 (203) 248-2312. Just off Exit 60 from Route 15.
- David Lewis
- Dave Carlson
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday 5:30 P.M.
- Millhopper Branch Library, 3145 NW 43rd Street
- 1st & 3rd Monday 6:30 P.M.
- At members' homes; call Laura Thomley for location
- Friday 1:00 P.M., Senior Recreation Center, 5701 NW 34th Blvd.
- Tony Palmieri
- (352) 231-2966
- Laura Thomley
- (352) 339-3926
- Tampa Bay/Pasco/North Pinellas County
- Please contact:
- Joan Knobelsdorf
- (727) 935-4616
- email@example.com for information.
- Waycross Gaming Community
- Casual Play
- Friday 6:00 P.M.
- Waycross Mall Food Court, 2215 Memorial Drive
- Special Events TBA
- Waycross-Ware County Public Library, 401 Lee Avenue
- Tricia Baker
- Wednesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:30 P.M.
- Kahala Mall Shopping Center
- Darren Seu firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Dunham (808) 429-8493
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- McCracken County Public Library, 555 Washington St.
- Mononymous Hooper
- (270) 564-2153
- Maine Scrabble Community
- Tuesday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Highland Green Community Center, 7 Evergreen Circle
- Jamie Logan
- (571) 438-7238
- Not all players use clocks, though people are welcomed to if they wish.
- East Lansing
- First Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- East Lansing Public Library, 950 Abbott Road
- Irfan Faroqui
- (517) 230-8890
- Meets first Thursday each month
- Public Library (downstairs), 1 Landing Court (off Hampton Road)
- Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
- Monday 2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M., September-May only
- Chuck Abbate
- (506) 849-0581 (h), (506) 849-1137 (w)
- Call director for various times and places.
- Alan Hecht
- (718) 252-2161
- Thursday 4:45 P.M.
- 18 Prince Street
- Vee Hill
- (347) 262-3084
- During summer: Tuesday 1:00 to 4:00 P.M.
- Spiegel Community Center, 35 Lincoln Avenue
- Contact director to confirm - day and time are subject to change.
- Dianne Wittman
- (585) 975-9896
- Club website
- Tuesdays and Saturdays, dates vary, call for info.
- Shoppingtown Mall
- Kieran O'Connor
- (315) 481-8541
- West Babylon, Long Island
- Club website
- Tuesday 4:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.
- Panera Bread, 1025 West Montauk Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Bob Krause
- (631) 328-3118
- Jon Kent
- Tuesday Noon
- New Hanover Public Library - Pine Valley Branch
- 3802 S College Rd, Wilmington NC 28412
- Stephen Stanley
- (910) 620-7810
- Cuyahoga Falls
- North Olmsted
- Club website
- Wednesday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Recess Games, 26636 Brookpark Ext
- Maria Flo
- (440) 779-7008
- Monday 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Breckenridge Village, Schaeffer Center, 36855 Ridge Road
- Nancy Schuman
- (440) 942-7337
- Sunday 1:00 P.M. & Tuesday 6:00 P.M.
- Barnes & Noble, 41st and Yale.
- There are no fees or dues. The club provides all equipment.
- Newcomers and on-line players welcomed. Over age 12 please.
- For more information:
- Joan Hess
- (918) 850-4495
- Thursday 1:15 P.M.
- The Cornwall SCRABBLE Club
- Cornwall Public Library, 45 Second St. East
- Vivianne Panizzon
- Monday 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. September-June
- We play 2 games. Free.
- Springwater Public Library (Midhurst Branch), 12 Finlay Mill Rd.
- Heather McIntosh
- North Bay
- Thursday 6:30 P.M.
- North Bay SCRABBLE Club
- Empire Living Centre, 425 Fraser St.
- Ken Peters
- (705) 663-1313
- SCRABBLE in the City
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Go Lounge, 1718 Queen St West
- Roger Cullman
- (416) 995-7643
- Oregon Coast Drop-In SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M.
- Bier One, 424 SW Highway 101. Admission restricted by venue to ages 21 and over.
- Stephanie Brown
- (541) 961-1823
- North Kingston
- Thursday 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. (alternating Thursdays, check website)
- Dan's Tavern on the Green, 615 Callahan Rd., North Kingston 02852
- Daniella Norwood
- Sunday 1:30 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
- Market Street, 5605 Colleyville Blvd, Colleyville
- We meet most weekends in the upstairs cafe inside the Market Street grocery store in Grapevine, TX. To make sure we are meeting on the upcoming weekend, send me (Kate Watson) an email or text or call me. We will not meet if most of our regular players are out of town.
- To find your way to the upstairs event space, take the stairs or one of the elevators located at the front of the store to the second floor. We normally play in the area called the Event Space. (You might have to go through the gift shop area to find it.)
- We have tournament players and welcome any casual player. Come join us. Bring Scrabble equipment if you have it. If not, come anyway! This is a great way to be introduced to playing SCRABBLE face to face.
- Kate Watson
- (817) 228-7307
- Friday 3:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Houston Friday Evening Scrabble Club
- Café Express, 3800 Southwest Freeway
- Shirley Petrey
- (832) 368-5186
- Milwaukee (Wauwatosa)
- Greater Milwaukee SCRABBLE Club
- Thursday 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- September - May: Mayfair Mall Food Court (Wauwatosa, WI)
- May - September: McDonald's, 124th and Capitol Drive (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Susan Love or Jim Hahn
- (414) 369-2373