This page describes how to install NASPA Zyzzyva on a Windows computer.
Kate Fukawa-Connelly has prepared a PDF file explaining in detail how to install NASPA Zyzzyva for the first time on a Windows computer. You should consult it even if you are an experienced user of past editions of the software, as many things have changed as of version 3.
If you need just a checklist for the installation process, here it is:
- Make sure that you have a NASPA membership, its ID (number) and password, and a Windows computer with an Internet connection.
- Download the installer, ignoring warnings that software can harm your computer.
- Look for the Z icon on your desktop and click on it to open Zyzzyva.
- If you are a first-time user, you may be prompted to choose which lexicons you want to use. Choosing a protected lexicon, to which you do not yet have access, may result in an error message that you can safely ignore.
- Choose Tools > Manage Licences > Claim License... > NASPA
- Enter your NASPA ID and password
- Click “OK” in response to “A license has been received from issuer ‘NASPA’”.
- Click “OK” in response to “An activation certificate has been received from issuer ‘NASPA’”. Your license will now be listed on the screen, together with its validity and when you will next need to reactivate it.
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Load Lexicons > Edit... and check OTCWL2014.
- When prompted if you want to rebuild databases, so indicate. This step may take several minutes if you have many lexicons installed. When it completes, you’re done!